Kaspersky Anti-Virus is powered by a unique integrated technology for
unknown virus searching, based on the principals of second-generation
Because of this, the program is able to protect you from even unknown
viruses. By using the integrated Control Center in Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Personal, it enables you to create a flexible schedule for the program
components to be started and to automatically download and apply
updates to your anti-virus databases via the Internet.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus inherits all the strengths of the previous version
and adds increased speed and efficiency based on new technologies as
well as a more convenient user interface.
One of the important improvements is a powerful heuristic analyzer
which when combined with Proactive Defense previously developed by the
company's experts is capable of detecting and disabling unknown
malicious programs based on their behavior. Thus, Kaspersky Anti-Virus
8.0 provides unique triple protection from all types of malware, known
or otherwise, alongside the traditional signature-based method. This
kind of multi-tier defense is unparalleled anywhere in the world and of
New Key Features of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 8.0 :
· Check new and changed files option
· Advanced damage clean-up (the windows registry, command files, *.lnk files, hosts)
· Proactive defense module with history and roll-back option
· HTTP traffic checking (AV)
· Outlook Express (AS) and TheBat! plugins (AS,AV)
· Anti-Rootkit technology (Anti-Rootkit)
· E-Mail IMAP and NNTP protocol checking support (AV,AS)
· Registry Monitor with preinstalled and updatable database
Anti-Virus new features
· Advanced damage clean-up (against Spyware)
· Check new and changed files option
· HTTP, IMAP and NNTP traffic check
· ODS Scan suspend technology (when user-activity is detected)
· Startup Scan with updateable database
· Differential update (further reduction of the AV database update size)
· Script-Checker with Internet Explorer GUI plug-in
· New scan scope: Scan Critical Areas task
· Scan Startup Objects – full control of the task execution
· TheBat! plugin
· Ban-list of blocked computers by IDS subsystem (with un-block feature)
Improvements in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 8.0 :
· Application graphical user interface has been updated.
· New heuristic analyzer has been added to detect unknown threats.
· Quick install option with default settings has been added.
· Security Wizard has been added for quick troubleshooting of issues with settings and runtime problems.
· News delivery from Kaspersky Lab has been implemented using a new News Agent module.
· New generation keylogger detection mechanism has been added to Proactive Defense.
· Protection from new types of leak tests has been added.
· Extended new generation rootkit scan capability has been implemented.
Bug Fixed :
· Error that caused computer and web browsers (Microsoft Internet
Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox) to slow down when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is
running has been fixed.
· Error that caused slowdown during loading of Microsoft Office 2007
applications when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been fixed.
· Error that caused slowdown during loading of computer's operating
system when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed has been fixed.
· Feature added to check for and download the installer package for the
latest version from the Kaspersky Lab web servers when the program
installation is started.
· Data processing speed increasing and proxy server resource consumption reduced.
· Support added for IP protocol version 6 (IPv6).
· Option added for skipping trusted remote administration programs (for example, RAdmin) from Kaspersky Anti-Virus self-defense.
· Improvements made to interface of the program activation wizard.
· Feature added for testing network connections and updating the program when the connection is restored.
· Program behavior when changing system time changed: the program continues to run.
· Support added for Arabic-script languages.
· Proactive Defense has a new mechanism for detecting next-generation keyloggers.
· Extended capability for intercepting driver downloads (LoadAndCallImage).
· Improved program self-defense mechanism for automatic selection of actions in notifications on dangerous object detection.